As expectations around technology continue to rise, it’s important for senior living communities to offer the latest technology to their residents. For some seniors, not having technology can be a dealbreaker or what sways their decision when selecting a community. However, not all communities have the budget to buy technology for all their resident.
One option communities have is to offer resident technology packages as an add-on service. By building and selling resident technology packages, senior living communities can provide their residents with access to the tools and resources they need to stay connected and engaged, while better segmenting their customer bases.
Offering differing packages can allow a senior living provider to better understand and segment their customer base, personalize the customer experience, and make informed pricing and product decisions.
By offering different levels of add-ons, you can cater to customers with varying budgets and willingness to pay. Moreover, offering add-ons can help improve customer satisfaction by providing a tailored experience that meets their specific needs.
Here are a few tips on how to build and sell resident technology packages in your senior living community:
- Identify the target audience: Before you build your resident technology package, it’s important to understand who your target audience is. Are you targeting tech-savvy seniors looking for the latest gadgets, or are you targeting seniors who are less familiar with technology and need more basic tools? Understanding your target audience will help you determine which technology to include in your packages.
- Choose the right technology: Once you know who your target audience is, it’s time to choose the technology that you’ll include in your packages. Consider the needs and interests of your residents when selecting the technology. For example, if you have a lot of residents who are interested in staying connected with their loved ones, you might consider including a tablet or smartphone in your packages. If you have a lot of residents who are interested in staying active, you might consider including a fitness tracker.
- Build customizable packages: To appeal to a wider range of residents, consider offering customizable technology packages. This will allow residents to choose the technology that best meets their needs and interests.
- Price packages competitively: It’s important to price your resident technology packages competitively in order to attract buyers. Consider the cost of the technology you’re including in your packages and make sure to set your prices accordingly.
- Promote and market packages: Once you’ve built your resident technology packages, it’s important to promote them to your residents. Consider using email marketing, social media, and in-person promotions to get the word out about your offerings.
By following these tips, you can successfully build and sell resident technology packages in your senior living community. By providing your residents with access to the latest technology, you can help them stay connected, engaged, and active.
Icon has helped many communities develop and offer senior living technology packages. If you would like to learn more, reach out!