Senior Product Manager
About The Company
Icon is a fast-growing SaaS business focused on building a leading technology platform in the senior care market. Our mission is to improve the aging experience through empowering senior care communities with unparalleled communication and engagement technology. At Icon, you will collaborate with multiple teams, work across disciplines, and encounter many challenges that are new and exciting. Each day you’ll be working towards profoundly transforming senior care. We are a remote team, although most of our employees are in the Greater Chicago area. Proximity to Chicago is preferred.
About The Role
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager with an exceptional track record of launching products/services and managing their success. The Senior Product Manager must have proven ability in Team Development, Product Vision, Execution, and Product Culture. This Senior Product Manager will report directly to the CEO and be focused on developing products and features that will achieve our company objectives. Specific Responsibilities include:
- Team Building & Management: Experience managing a team; specifically, recruiting, training and ongoing coaching, as well as establishing professional development goals and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Capacity Planning: Measure team performance to be able to provide inputs on capacity, velocity, and burndown.
- Market Oversight: identify key gaps, opportunities and threats in target market, analyze competitive landscape, provide recommendations to maintain competitive advantage.
- Product Strategy: Defining and driving the product strategy. Work with CEO to synthesize vision into something that drives and inspires the company.
- Manage and build product/feature backlog: Identify customer problems, opportunities, applications of new technology and other potential new product or module ideas. Gather product insights by interviewing customers, tracking market trends and analyzing competing products.
- Outcomes Driven Roadmap: Develop outcomes-driven product roadmap that addresses specific organizational goals; Identify target KPIs for new products/features and measure performance post-product release against these metrics.
- Demand & Value Testing: Employ various demand testing approaches to size customer interest and the market opportunity. As well as validate the magnitude of ROI to customer.
- Process Design: design process with a focus on continuous and rapid testing and learning.
- Prioritization: Implement a product and feature prioritization framework; collect and present data necessary to compare the return on investment of different products/features and to make decisions regarding whether to build-in house or partner. Narrow down to those products/features what will best achieve our company goals and deliver the highest ROI.
- Product Discovery: engage in product discovery to validate opportunities and synthesize into actionable product and features.
- Product Analytics & Data Tracking: Manage pendo instance to track relevant customer usage metrics. Analyze data to identify opportunities and gaps.
- Release Planning: Stage development initiatives in collaboration with key internal stakeholders.
- Product Marketing: Collaborate with internal stakeholders and marketing leadership to drive benefit-focused messaging and positioning to current clients and prospects.
- Commercialization: Own the commercialization process. Ensure cross-functional collaboration for successful product launch and sales. Identify and manage those resources. Communicate new product/features to sales and customer success, identify value proposition, ROI and messaging. Provide these groups with relevant knowledge and or materials.
- Agile Process: Own agile methodology. Define milestones and drive quality, UAT, and timely delivery of key. product initiatives, pilots and high-profile projects using agile methodology.
- Customer Support Coordination: Responsible for coordinating with customer support team to ensure escalations are triaged/prioritized appropriately
- Acquisitions: Ability to design approaches to efficiently integrate technology platforms of acquired businesses.
- Knows how to get things done and has proven ability to do so.
- Expert on modern forms of product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development process.
- Knows how to work effectively as part of a smaller and lean organization.
- Ability to inspire and motivate the company and get everyone moving in the same direction.
- Understands the importance of continuous and rapid testing and learning.
- Strong technology background with an understanding of the economics and dynamics of your business and your market.
- Strong communicator who is comfortable frequently speaking with customers
- Ability to travel to conferences, meet with customers and team members.
- Highly data driven in approach.
- Strong metric goal setting and analysis with the ability to translate results to stakeholders and confidently recommend actionable product growth initiatives.
- Exceptional track record of launching products/services and managing their success on an end-to-end product lifecycle.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business, economics, physics, math or a related field.
- 5 or more years of product management experience.
- Experience with Jira and Pendo.io.
- Experience in software/SaaS will be prioritized.
- Experience in applying machine learning/AI to business use cases a plus.
- Experience in the healthcare software industry, hospitality software industry or real estate software industry preferred.